As you’ll pick up pretty soon, I am a big reality TV junkie. I already admitted my addition to the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Well today’s show is a little more classy, and less dramatic, but still very reality. Yep, it’s House Hunters.
I love House Hunters and House Hunters International on HGTV. I mean of course I do – I blog about big houses and neighbors, right? If you’ve not seen House Hunters, it’s a show that follows a couple/family/individual as they search for a new place to live; they are often relocating from a different area of the country (or even to a new country.) A realtor is hired and takes the family to three different locations. As the family tours each home, you get to sit in your living room, eat popcorn, and yell at the screen and tell them what you’d do, and then take bets on what they choose. Well, at least I do that…
So anyway, I’ve learned a lot through House Hunters and it’s helped me start forming my “dream house” wish list so that when the time is right and I can move to the Seychelles Islands – yep that episode was on the other day and nope, I had no idea where it is…. I had to look it up.
My Dream Home List Thanks to House Hunters
So – here is what my dream home entails so far, thanks to what I’ve seen on House Hunters and what’s out there:
- a view of the beach (meaning we’re heading International on at least one of my dream homes)
- a little courtyard off of the master bedroom overlooking the pool (so we have a pool too)
- an open kitchen with a bar for eating, homework and hanging out
- a fun attraction around the home, maybe something like this musical fountain.
- a camera near the front door programmed to display on the kitchen TV
- a big enough rooftop for a grand Christmas lights display with lights, music and the works.
- a HUGE master bathroom
Well, that’s my list so far at least. I can’t wait for the next season of House Hunters so that I can add to my growing dream house wish list! What’s on your list?