I’m a local gal at heart, and so after my Bates Motel post, I needed to give some love to another one of America’s Scariest Haunted Houses & Attractions. Plus, it’s right in my backyard.
Kansas City’s “Edge of Hell” has been around for many years, since 1975 to be exact. I remember even as a junior high student, all of the high school kids were hitting this Kansas City haunted house. It was known for its fright tactics – for its themes and amazing costumes. And it was THE place to be in Kansas City around Halloween time.
Well, I’m obviously not in junior high anymore, but I am way excited that this haunted house is still in existence, and stronger than ever! Part of what makes the Edge of Hell unique is it’s location – it’s in a run-down part of the city (West Bottoms) that just makes you a little on edge as you drive to the haunted house. There are five floors that you have to walk through, and after 30 minutes of terrifying noises, characters and lights – you’re totally spooked. But there’s also some fun things they do to make it a “spook”tacular time…
– characters in crazy scary costumes, like “Ratman” who bites the heads off of rats
– shadows cast by dim lighting, even right as you walk in
– Frights from all of the scariest things: bats, dogs, Dracula, ghosts and more.
– light and state-of-the-art technologies
– spooky music
– cramped quarters and lots of walking wears you out and has you guessing what’s next around the corner
If you’re in KC and a big fan of Haunted Houses, you’ve got to check this one out. There are some other great ones too, and you can even buy some package deals to go to several haunted houses. This year, Kansas City is also getting a “Ghost and Gangsters” tour together that runs year-round! Check it out if you’re out this way!