Anyone else a RHWNJ fan? I can’t help it – the drama, the suspense, the huge homes and glitz and glamor – I’m hooked.
I was watching the show the other night about the Gorga’s Christmas party. Wow, talk about extravaganza. The show hinted that Joe & Melissa Gorga spent at least 50Gs to host a one-of-a kind Christmas party. All of the neighbors and friends were invited. The house was decked out with food, lights, sculptures and even a casino. To find a way to “give back” during the holidays, the Gorgas requested each person bring a gift for the children at the hospital. Classy.
While we could go into a commentary about the drama that ensued, and how proud we were of Joe & Melissa for handling a crisis situation well, what I wanted to really talk about was the party planning and decor – and how this was a MAJOR victory in the Neighborhood Envy contest! Wow, this party would be hard to compete with. Here are some of my favorite things that would have my head spinning, and have me wondering how I could compete if I lived next door to the Gorgas:
- Ice sculptures – Sculptures of the Gorgas as you walked into the house, and even ice sculptures inside of the home!
- Lights – the entire outside of their home was decked-out in beautiful Christmas lights.
- Live carolers – Amazing singers in their authentic costumes singing Christmas carols.
- A casino inside of the house – great idea to entertain guests and keep them having fun!
- Sensational white winter land-themed table decor and serving dishes
- And I loved the photo backdrop right as you entered the party. Definitely made the party feel “hollywood.”
The only thing I would have added to the Gorga’s Christmas Party was an animated light show. They’ve got the house, the neighborhood, and the audience for it! I bet they could impress their hundreds of guests by a music and light-synchronized Christmas light display! Maybe next year!